Preview of Patch 3
With Patch 2 live for PS4 and PC—and, as of this writing, with the Xbox One version in the pipeline—we want to start sharing a bit about what we're working on for the next major update, Patch 3. As compared to the previous patch, Patch 3 is going to be larger in scope, addressing a number of bugs in the areas where you’re telling us you're having the most problems.
The list of specific fixes is not yet final, but the categories that we’re focusing on include:
- Gameplay: this includes bugs like Arno getting stuck on certain areas of the map (including a few more hay carts), problems with getting into/out of cover, character animation bugs, and general camera problems
- AI & Crowd: in this category are problems with NPC animations, crowd events, and crowd stations, NPC navigation issues, as well as bugs related to NPCs detecting Arno’s activities in various situations
- Matchmaking & Connectivity: this covers a number of issues related to co-op play, including bugs with joining games in-progress and problems that happen during host migration
- Menus & HUD: fixes in this category will address missing details in certain menus, problems with some of the mission objective and co-op update pop-ups, localization inconsistencies, as well as some of the issues with menus and pop-ups overlapping each other
- General Stability: this includes fixes for a number of crash situations we've identified in both campaign and co-op modes.
Again, while the ultimate list of fixes for Patch 3 isn’t finalized yet, it will be soon. Part of what we want to do at this point is balance the competing desires to get as much as we can into the patch with getting it out quickly. Once we’ve locked down exactly what will be in Patch 3, we will update you again with a more specific set of patch notes. This next patch won't solve every problem, but we're expecting that it will dramatically improve your experience.
We are also investigating various performance issues including framerate drops, and are looking into how we can address them. We’ll tell you more about our progress on that topic in the coming days.
Thanks again for your patience and your passion. Please continue to share your thoughts and feedback in the comments below and in the forums, and make sure you’re submitting your problems to our support site!
- The Live Updates Team