Updated Q&A and Known Issues
12/05/2014 06:05 PM
We hope those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a great one!
It has been a while since our last update, and we have a lot to cover, so let’s get right into it. First up, we’ve got some answers for some of the questions that we’ve seen from our community.
What’s happening with the next patch?
Work continues on Patch 4, which should bring improvements to the framerate as well as additional fixes. We’re still testing some fixes in Patch 4, so we’ll have a more detailed preview next week.
How will Season Pass holders redeem their free game?
Many of you have asked about how Season Pass owners will receive their free gift offer and we will have an update that outlines the process in greater detail very soon. For now, we can tell you that we’re working on a web-based solution for submitting requests and distribution fulfillment.
I didn’t get a Season Pass, can I still get AC Chronicles: China?
The answer is YES! We will have more information on this and further details to share about AC Chronicles: China in the New Year.
I got a Season Pass, but I haven’t redeemed the code yet, what should I do?
All Season Passes sold prior to the announcement will still be valid, so you can redeem it at any time. Please note that your Season Pass will have to be redeemed before you are able to receive your free gift offer.
Here’s a list of the top priority issues we are tracking:
- Game crashes after loading your save: We’re devoting a lot of attention to this one and we have a workaround (try taking your system offline and reload your save, you should be able to play offline). Most instances of this crash will be eliminated in Patch 4, but if you do still encounter this issue after the Patch is applied please file a Customer Support ticket to help us identify what your issue is so we can create a fix for it.
- Error CE-34878-0: Similar to the crash mentioned above, the game freezes or crashes after loading your save. This particular error message is exclusive to PS4. This issue should be resolved in Patch 4.
- Initiates legacy recognition issues: Many of these issues have been resolved, but we’ve noted that it could still take several days for all of your progress from past games to be fully updated. If after five days you still don’t see your progress accurately reflected on the site, please file a ticket with Customer Support so we can more closely examine this issue.
- Companion App issues: We’ve just released a new patch for the Companion App, so be sure to update to release 1.04 if you have not already. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Restoration of lost Premiums
- Fixed synchronization issues for first-time users and at login
- Fixed the “no assassin” issue in the tutorial
- Fixed missions with 100% odds of success that could fail
- Fixed an issue with lost progress – simply resync with the HD game and load your save, this will synchronize your online progression data.
Our work continues on Assassin’s Creed Unity and although we expect Patch 4 to rectify most of the remaining issues our players have been reporting, please continue to contact Customer Support with any issues you are having. Thanks very much for your continued support, we hope that your experience with the game continues to improve.
-The Live Updates Team